MMDA Music Policies
PRIVATE LESSON PROGRAM
Lessons continue on a monthly basis. Private lessons meet the same day and time each week, for either 30 or 60 minute sessions. We are open all year, and lessons continue throughout the summer.
There is a one-time registration fee of $25 due upon enrollment.
WITHDRAWAL / LEAVE OF ABSENCE
We require 30 days notice prior to withdrawal or leave of absence. Notify us of withdrawal both verbally and via email in order to ensure you do not get charged the following month.
LESSON RESCHEDULING POLICY
Our teachers are high in demand and have blocked their schedule for you. We cannot guarantee availability for rescheduled lessons, but we can look into options if the following procedures are followed:
- The rescheduling deadline is 24 hours in advance.
- Monday students must contact us by 2pm on the previous Saturday.
- Contact the school office at (732)223-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are no credits or refunds given for missed lessons.
Rescheduled Lesson Must be taken in 30 Days.
If your instructor’s availability does not match your schedule, another option is taking a lesson with a substitute instructor. Make-up lessons are not provided for absences from group classes.
*Only 2 absences per month permitted. No Exceptions.
PERFORMANCES AND RECITAL
Additional performance opportunities for group performers will be held during the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.
Upon the receipt of tuition payment, parents or legal guardians agree that Manasquan Music and Dance Academy shall in no manner be liable for any accident, injury, loss, theft, or damage which may be sustained on the premises in conjunction with any school-related activity or function.
Manasquan Music and Dance Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, nationality, ethnic origins, religious beliefs, gender, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or in the administration of its educational policies.
INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSINGS
The studio does not necessarily close for snow days, although area schools may be closed. If in doubt, call the studio no less than one half hour before your class to find out whether the class will be held or canceled. You may also check our Facebook page. If the studio must close due to inclement weather or emergency, those days will be treated as absences and make-up classes will be arranged. No refunds will be made.
All private lesson students pay on a month-to-month basis. Tuition is due the first day of the month. A late fee of $15 will be assessed every 2 weeks of non-payment. We require a credit card to be on file, and are automatically enrolled in auto-pay. If you do not wish to pay this way, you may opt out. However, your card will be charged the day your child has utilized any services/taken a class.
MULTIPLE ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT
If a student / or family members is/are enrolled in more than one class, including: multiple private lessons, private lesson & group class, dance and music classes, several group classes, etc. a discount will be applied to your monthly tuition.
We are a dedicated collaborative group of teachers and artists committed to providing arts education and cultural opportunities to the community. Our dynamic curriculum provides exploration in all disciplines of the arts for all ages and promotes lifelong learning. We advocate for every individual and their pursuit of creativity. It is our passion to promote creativity, aesthetic awareness and cultural literacy.
- We create a safe environment for students to grow as performers
- Not just a studio, but a family community. A “home away from home.”
- We provide unique and diverse performance opportunities for our students
- Our Teachers! All instructors are highly qualified with a college education and/or professional music/dance experience in the industry
- We are always open to new ideas
- Proven track record: our students have gone on to perform lead roles in their school musicals and plays, have been accepted into prestigious bands, orchestras, and ensembles all over New Jersey, and we even made an appearance on the popular television show Dance Moms!a